Blue & White China

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cody Youngblood, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Cody Youngblood

Cody Youngblood New Member

Hello! I have this set of blue and white china. It is hand-painted with gold rims. Each piece has a similar scene with Chinese tea houses, willow trees, boats, and bridges. There is no maker's mark on any of the pieces.

This set was owned by Flora MacDonald and was passed down to the Davis family of Virginia after the American Revolution. It is believed to have been made sometime around 1776, but I'm not sure about the date. In doing some preliminary research, I know it is not Blue Willow pattern china as it is not transferware.

Below are photos of a few pieces. My questions are: When was it made? Where was it made? Any general information? Thanks!

IMG_6716-min.jpg IMG_6718-min.jpg IMG_6719-min.jpg IMG_6720-min.jpg IMG_6721-min.jpg IMG_6722-min.jpg

antidiem likes this.
  2. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

The pieces are English. The shapes of the jug and the sugar box point to a date of c1820. I don't know the maker.

Draft saved Draft deleted