Blue/white figurines, is this Schierholz in style of Meissen?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Apr 14, 2021.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

these are rather large 12" tall. I dont really see any Schierholz in this style, if this is indeed Schierholz 99968995_2_x.jpg 99968995_9_x.jpg 99968995_6_x.jpg 99968995_7_x.jpg 99968995_8_x.jpg 99968995_5_x.jpg .

wildrose likes this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

PortableTreasures likes this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Just looking at Schierholz figurines online, these do seem inconsistent, both in terms of color and modelling. But you don't see everything online. Might be someone imitating the mark.

4. sunday silence

Hello my friend. Its really puzzling to me because the schierholz stuff doesn't command great prices although these are as large or larger than wot I've seen. It looks like its trying to pass for Meissen but I don't think the quality is there. Not in the hair or face imo. But why the double lines then? Thats not a Meissen mark is it some other? It can't be helena wolfson or edme?

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It might be Schierholz. All I can say is that it looks atypical compared to the things I'm seeing online.

People copy marks all the time. I suppose they'd argue it's a prestige thing.

6. sunday silence

here's one on ebay with the double lines mark or whatever its called. I guess the blue white stuff does exist. s-l1600.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted