Featured Board game expert needed ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Drew, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

58463017_252581629031513_415289514655744000_n.jpg Just was made aware of this Milton Bradley item of my father Sterling. . . imagery is from the 1955 movie 'Battle Taxi' he stared in . . . looks to be actual board game box of the same vintage. The number at lower left comes up to a Yogi Bear game ? Any info helpful.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Your father was Sterling Hayden? I didn't know. Do you collect things about him, in case I run across something?

3. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

2Many's partner here, modern board game player, modest collector of games. So Milton Bradley ruled the game shelves of toy stores in the 1950s, and made a lot of movie & TV show tie-ins for the huge baby-boom demographic. Board Game Geek is the best website for info on modern games, and their database includes many vintage games as well. They show Milton Bradley games from the '50s based on shows like The Rifleman, Shotgun Slade, Sergeant Preston, even Rocky & Bulwinkle. They do NOT have this game, so I suspect it was produced in small quantities, probably what we call a 're-theme', just changing an existing game to match the characters of the movie, and only on the shelves for a few months. Since much of the BGG database is provided by its users, and uploading of unlisted games is incentivized, this means none of thousands of participants have ever seen this - so it's pretty scarce.

4. KikoBlueEyes

That is so fascinating. Thanks.

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Thank you 2manybooks, very helpful. .

6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

If you contact them make sure to come back and tell us what they say :)

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

8. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

That was actually my partner, who chimes in occasionally when we wander into his areas of interest. I want to give credit where credit is due. We can call him 2MBP.

9. KikoBlueEyes

:)

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Generally excellent answers from 2MBP, but we'd just caution everyone else here who may have boardgame questions -- BGG is an invaluable source for information as a starting point, but it is an unvetted "wiki" with tons of inaccurate, uncorrected information as well as accurate data.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

If my dads pic and name was on the box of a board game....I'd have to have it !

Draft saved Draft deleted