Featured BOHEMIAN ART NOUVEAU BRONZE MOUNTED GREEN THREADED GLASS VASE,Circa 1900

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AlainGagnon, May 12, 2016.

1. AlainGagnon

AlainGagnon Bonjour, hey bien Oui, Canadian Français ; - D

Hello Members
    I receive this Beautiful Art Nouveau Bronze Mounted gold iridescent glass vase with green threaded in February, i will appreciated if some of the more experiance glass collector out there could help me out to put an ID on this one, very unusual shape, the decor remind me "Honeycom"or kind of "Martele" the colours is like Amber Gold with a Green threading throughout.
    Last 2 Experiance glass collector commented this piece on another web site, have serious suspicious on LOETZ or Poschinger

First Opinion:
    Alan, you have the same vase in the appropriate mount. Does this mean that your vase is Poschinger? Not necessarily. German metal producers often commissioned identical glass shapes from more than one producer. In your case I lean towards Josephinenhuette, although Kralik is a possibility as well.

Second Opinion:

This is a shot in the dark Alan. The obvious suspects would be Kralik or Pallme-König. But the threading is unusual and that green reminds me so much of Loetz, but this kind of broadly spaced threading/veining is unusual for Loetz. The one tiny clue that suggests to me at least that it may be Loetz is that fire polished rim, so often on Loetz pieces the rim displays a reflective blue/purple iridescence on the edge, quite often irrespective of the colour of the glass and unlike other manufacturers. That's all I have as a suggestion. It is very beautiful!

This vase stand 8.50 inch tall(10 inch with the Mount), 1.75 inch wide, 3.25 inch by 3.25 inch top, on a 1.50 inch base.

DSCN1879.jpg DSCN1885.jpg DSCN1881.jpg DSCN1886.jpg DSCN1887.jpg DSCN1882.jpg DSCN1880.jpg DSCN1883.jpg

Lucille.b, Ruedi, quirkygirl and 5 others like this.
  2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I'll do some thinking on this one. Kralik and Loetz liked to use the Green Threading as well as the Martele. Regardless of who made it. It is a stunning piece.

3. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Oh! Love this vase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a drop-dead gorgeous piece of glass Alain:) Can't wait to see others you will (hopefully) post!

Lucille.b and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ummmmmmm... so... Alain, where do you keep this particular piece, and when will you be out of town next? I thought I might drive by your place to make sure everything's okay.

desperate_fun likes this.
  6. AlainGagnon

7. AlainGagnon

Wanttoknow likes this.
  8. AlainGagnon

cxgirl, yeah, this is exactly what i think when i see it online, "I don't want to loose this one,"I don't want to loose that one, i keep mention this in my head, insane.......

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted