Featured Bohemian Cut to Clear Set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DeAnne, Mar 24, 2023.

1. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Here is another one I can not find. The color is so deep red it looks black an I searched an searched an I couldn't find on like it with that type of flower motif. An I myself have never seen one like it either. What are your thoughts?

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and Bronwen like this.
  2. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Okay after searching until my head felt like it was going to explode I found one with the same design. The seller calling it Moss Rose and probably European from the 1990's but with that being said if that was true wouldn't I be able to find more? What are your thoughts on the flower? What it might be? I thought maybe a Fuchsia but no luck there.

IMG_0468.PNG

IMG_0469.PNG

3. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Or maybe someone could give me an idea on how to price it. It's 16 glasses an the decanter. I'm going to put it in the store not on Eboo

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Sixteen is an unusual amount of glasses. My first thought is the color is more modern. I'm used to seeing sets in lighter colors rather like the ruby one you found and also assorted colors rather than just one. The darker pieces seem to show up later and I suspect they are imports from Eastern Europe in the late 20th century. Why the seller chose moss rose as the flower is beyond me as it's a term normally used to identify china. I would expect fuschias to drop rather than run sideways but it's certainly closer than moss rose. Just calling it a floral pattern would probably be good enough. Anyway, if you can see the sold price for the stem you found I think I would try that as a starting point for your stems. I don't think I would sell it all as one set. Most likely I'd try and sell the decanter and eight and then the other eight separately. Pricing is always tricky (sometimes even with comps) but I think I'd price them at roughly $20 a stem and hope for the best with the understanding that I may need to lower the price. And your local market conditions may support a higher price. You know those conditions better than I do. These are just my opinions. Good luck.

DeAnne likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I have a set of deep dark red cut to clear goblets (with a different pattern) that I received direct from Poland in 1995 as a wedding gift from a relative.
    I live close to an area that used to have many Polish immigrants and there are still some Polish stores/markets there. I don't recall the Polish gift store selling sets with assorted brighter colors until more recently... the 2000s.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    DeAnne likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted