Featured Bohemian enameled vase, old.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by blooey, Oct 18, 2019.

1. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Picked this up today at the local consignment store, $6.00 plus tax so I had to bring it home.

Thought at first glance it was crackle but no, it's threaded and enameled. I's about 8" tall and there's a heckuva lot of wear on the base, so good age ..stylistically thinking around 1890-1910 .. Bohemian, possibly Kralik or ?
    kralik.jpg

kralik_det.jpg

kralik_base.jpg

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

nice piece blooey:) I agree with Bohemian, my first thought seeing the flowers that it is not Kralik, but I could be wrong.

judy, Aquitaine, KikoBlueEyes and 2 others like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, that is unusual! Can see why you got it. (Awesome buy at $6!) :happy: Hope one of our members recognizes the maker.

judy, Houseful, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Gorgeous piece...a steal!

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

@cxgirl You may be right - who do you think it could be? I don't think it's fine enough to be Moser? Palme-Konig or Harrach maybe? - Kralik did do some enamelling with small flowers, not too often, but - take a look at this green "COMMA" DECOR vase and see what you think ..

https://sites.google.com/site/loetzandglass/kralik-1a--id-by-shape

judy and cxgirl like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is Austrian.

I think French Art Nouveau time period. I would start with Mont Joye.

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I thought about Mont Joye/Legras, I had some in the past - but I haven't seen too much if any French glass with the crackle/threaded technique ..enameling yes, very similar to Mont Joye, although again, they seem to use outlines in their floral enamel pieces afaik

judy likes this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

could be right blooey:) Without the flowers my first thought was Kralik, then Harrach, but I don't know if Harrach did threaded pieces.
    do you use Facebook? a couple of groups there might be able to nail down the maker. If you don't I can ask for you.

Any Jewelry and blooey like this.
  9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I don't do Facebook, please go ahead and ask over there - thanks! BTW even though this looks like threads, most descriptions call this "crackle"

10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

ok, I'll post there and let you know:)
    I was doing some digging and Harrach did make threaded glass.

judy, Any Jewelry and blooey like this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I'm befuddled!!!! ARE those REAL leaves & flowers IN the glass??? If NOT, they SURE LOOK IT!!!!! Then again, I suppose they can't be.... It's VERY LOVELY!!!!! NICE STEAL!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

judy and blooey like this.
  12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

blooey, you were right for Kralik:) So far one response for Kralik, no one has disputed this:) If something should change I'll let you know but the person that responded knows his glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted