Bohemian glass vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JunkshopJim, Jun 24, 2022.

1. JunkshopJim

JunkshopJim Active Member

lovewrens and TallCakes like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

First off it isn't Bohemian with that Made in Italy label. :sorry: Unfortunately I have no idea as to who that label belongs to.

Ce BCA and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Well I think we can rule out Bohemia since as it says 'Made in Italy' on the sticker :rolleyes:

*crs* and Bakersgma like this.
  4. JunkshopJim

Dunno. Stella Artois is made under licence in England

I stand corrected anyway. I always thought bohemian encompassed parts of Germany Czech and northern Italy. Seems im wrong. :hungover:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

*crs* likes this.
  6. JunkshopJim

Okay thanks. I often tutted when people described this style as murano. Seems that they are all right and I'm wrong :eek:

7. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

To be fair the style was widely copied in Bohemia fairly contemporaneously to the Italian made examples.

*crs* and JunkshopJim like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

These were made in Bohemia and Italy. Not copies in Bohemia, they go way back.

The flower style is sometimes a clue to origin. Even without the label, that blue is speaking Italian.

*crs* and JunkshopJim like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted