Bombay Company shelf-table - how much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KS555, Jul 3, 2018.

1. KS555

KS555 New Member

Cute little piece. Good to fair condition - has some faint scratches but overall solid and very nice. What would be a ballpark value for this?
    The one picture DSC02798 that has no scratches is a picture of the wood on the underside.
    Thanks =)

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Please go back to your post, by photos, check first box Only, show full size all images. Thank you. ;)

3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I remember Bombay Company had a store in our local mall in the 1980s-90s :)

5. KS555

KS555 New Member

Hi, where is that? I want to change it but don't see that anywhere.

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, KS, and welcome!

Bombay Company may not have been the highest-end of "furniture stores", but they had a decent following and made a number of very handy "fill-in" and functional pieces. Quite a bit of their stuff has held its value rather well.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

1F69279A-21B7-4468-98E2-13176F40F813.jpeg
    First box only.
    It’s time sensitive, so next time.

8. KS555

KS555 New Member

Cool cool cool I had not noticed the wall hangers on the back. I searched ebay for a shelf that matched this, but didn't see that listing.

How does one go about selling/shipping furniture? I was going to sell it locally on Craigslist or Letgo, but would like to get full value. Not sure how to handle this and future small furniture when it comes to shipping. ??? Does it make more sense to sell locally and avoid that hassle?

Also - will look for that photo option. I'm not on mobile, I'm on a mac but it prob has that option.

i need help likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Shipping furniture means buyer pays shipping - and factors that into what they're willing to pay. Bombay furniture was never expensive, so I'd sell this locally. Otherwise the USPS or other shipper will be the one making money.

10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

$68.75 EXACTLY! Actually, i have no idea but evelyb30 makes a good point, buyers pay for shipping on furniture so selling locally is only way here i would think as shipping fees would cost more than the piece.

11. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

As it is not so old , I would say the person who sold theirs on The 'Bay got lucky selling it for $75 plus. I noticed last time I put something up on C-list for a friend , I received 3 spam / scam emails and only one for someone seriously looking at what I was selling . It was an 8 chair / Dining Room table with leaf made out of Malaysian Mahogany, from an estate in San Francisco. Well made , probably from the 1980's and almost like new . I lowered it down to $150 for all and then finally took it to the Pediatric Cancer resale shop, and even they didn't want it till they saw it and then they couldn't unload it fast enough. Newer furniture seems fairly hard to sell, or maybe it comes and goes in waves.....

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dining room sets of all sorts are ridiculously tough sales these days. Pieces from the 80s are pretty close to scrap lumber, as often as not, unless they're designer.
    There are exceptions of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted