Book "Sulphides The Art Of Cameo Incrustations" (in Glass) P. Jokelson

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by anundverkaufen, Jul 12, 2017.

1. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Free U.S. shipping, 2.5 lbs shipping weight elsewhere. I'll wait until Sunday to pick a recipient.

Really great book on sulphide glass by Paul Jokelson 1968. Profusely illustrated (B&W photos), about 150 pages with slip case and dust jacket.
    IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2347.JPG IMG_2348.JPG

Figtree3, judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Mmm. Sulphide marbles are my favorite

Aquitaine, judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  3. anundverkaufen

Well shipping to the Cape from here would probably be pretty cheap, although it would probably go through New Hampshire to get there. :)

judy likes this.
  4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I would really like this book but . . . please . . . leave my name in only if others join in wanting it. I do not want to be the only "possible spoiler" for Bev aka Thelmasstuff not receiving it. ;)

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm in! So that means that yourturn is, too.

And I didn't know whether @Bev aka thelmasstuff was in or not. Maybe she can clarify?

anundverkaufen likes this.
  6. anundverkaufen

I don't think Bev wanted in, just commenting on sulphide marbles. So I spun the wheel with only two names. Here's the lucky winner!
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 7.10.19 PM.png

7. yourturntoloveit

Oh my goodness, I'm very happy. Thank you, Anundverkaufen, for offering this book and additional thanks to the "Random Name Picker!".

Anundverkaufen, how do I get my address to you? "Conversation" feature?

8. anundverkaufen

OOPS! Sorry figtree3 was the winner, I can see how you thought it was you though with her name covered up and yours so prominent, my fault! Next time I'll make it more clear.
    I know how much you like books so I was hoping the wheel would stop on your name. SORRY!

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. yourturntoloveit

Anundverkaufen, I am not being sarcastic when I say this . . . thank goodness it is Figtree3. I imagine she knows how to get her address to you (something I was trying to figure out for the longest time last night)!!! Bless Patty, with thought processes in that state it sort of makes one wonder if I could have even "understood" the book had I "won." ;) :rolleyes: :hilarious: x 5

10. Figtree3

Thank you! I would also have thought that with the word "Remove" under my name that yourturntoloveit would have gotten it.

11. Figtree3

I just sent my address.

@yourturntoloveit I just clicked on Inbox at the above right of the screen. There is a blue button there that says "Start a New Conversation". Click on that. A blank message template comes up. Then I just started typing anundverkaufen's user name in the field for the person to whom to send it. When his user name popped up I clicked on it and that inserted it. Then typed my message in the message box below.

This will work unless a person has set their preferences not to receive messages.

12. yourturntoloveit

Figtree, thank you for that information re the "Start a New Conversation." If I ever master that aspect of this forum I may be able to spread around my prattle.;) :D :hilarious:

P.S. I'm glad you won the book. ;)

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Yay Fig !!!

Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  14. Figtree3

The book arrived yesterday. Thanks very much! Although I don't know much about glass collecting I do like cameos, and cameo glass. I've enjoyed looking at it some already.

Thank you, thank you!!

15. anundverkaufen

You're very welcome!

Figtree3, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  16. yourturntoloveit

Thank goodness for Anundverkaufen posting the Sulphides book. DH immediately got his (and his father's) marbles in a row re the Sulphides book and ordered one on-line. ;)

DH now has a copy of the Sulphides book which was delivered by the USPS before 10:00 a.m. today. :happy: x 10

17. Figtree3

Oh, I didn't know it was for your DH (and his father). I'm glad that he got one!

18. yourturntoloveit

Figtree, it was to be for me (pleasure reading) and for DH to read up on sulfides (re old marbles which DH received from his father's estate). ;)

Figtree3 likes this.
  19. Figtree3

More than six months have passed, and I finally got around to reading Jokelson's book. It is very informative and just excellent. I'm much better informed about sulphides now. In fact, I'm considering starting another collection. ;) Well, maybe not. But if I ever am lucky enough to happen to find one for an affordable price I would buy it.

I also looked up the author and found that he was one of the main experts on sulphides and this type of glass.

Thank you, @anundverkaufen , for this book!

20. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

You know you have too much stuff when: You check your own bookshelves because you know you also have a copy of this book, only to find you not only have the slipcased volume but also a gilt-edged, leather bound limited edition one signed by Paul Dunlop. I only went to look because I knew I had the book but couldn't remember if it still had the slipcase. Honestly. :rolleyes:

Aquitaine, Figtree3, judy and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted