Featured Bootger Steinzug Bird. This is particular one is Meissen right?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Oct 28, 2022.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

So I'm confused. Other companies make Bootger Steinzug so how do we distinguish Bootger stuff? By the color?

1.jpeg 68041992_10C882D2229A43C2833A8266B1F5308A.jpeg 91595177_A9D1FA829AC34CB7BC895E53CF84FB68.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Böttger Steinzeug (not Bootger Steinzug) is a type of stoneware invented by Johann Friedrich Böttger, hence the name. Steinzeug means stoneware. Steinzug means stone train.;)
    Since it is a type of stoneware named after the inventor, it can be made by several manufacturers.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Is it brown color over a white ceramic?

Böttgerware is chocolate brown throughout. Böttger is accredited as the discoverer of hard paste porcelain in Europe, and his discovery lead to the foundation of the Meissen company, so if this is true Böttgerware, it could be Meissen.

Meissen Böttgerware:
    Coin Medal Medallion Meissen Bottger 4pc 1935 1982 ND 2011 Bottgerware Germany.jpg

Roaring20s and kentworld like this.
  4. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

I was thinking the crossed swords mark would ID it as Meissen No?

Roaring20s likes this.
  5. Neece

Neece Active Member

I was thinking that too.

6. Neece

Neece Active Member

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Lots of pieces with crossed swords are not Meissen. In this case, the mark is looking good.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted