Featured BOTH METAL AND CERAMIC, BUT BOTH SOLERI 'BELL'...LOOKING FOR a bit

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

of help.....am seeing prices all over the place, but first and foremost, need to see if/how I can find out who the artists are?? Mom and Dad went to Arizona for his business back in the sixties....and came back with these two bells....not sure we ever hung the bronze one out, but we did hang the ceramic one out on/off the edge of the shed ....hoping one of you southwesterners in the know can help with the signatures, at least!!!! Thank you all so MUCH, as always!!!! The ceramic one is 5 3/4" top to bottom and 6 1/2" wide.....the bronze one has a yard stick in the first image for size......

CERAMIC SOLERI-1.jpg

CERAMIC SOLERI-2.jpg

CERAMIC SOLERI-SIGNATURE.jpg

BRONZE SOLERI BELL-1.jpg

BRONZE SOLERI B-2.jpg

BRONZE SOLERI B-3.jpg

BRONZE SOL B-4.jpg

BRONZE SOLERI-SIGNATURE.jpg

BRONZE SOL B-INSIDE.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    sabre123, judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Are you wondering if they are Soleri or do you know? I have a bronze bell I bought when visiting there some time ago and the mark looks right to me. I can show a pic for comparison unless you know already that's what it is

judy likes this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

I see the metal ones frequently at estate sales ranging $50 to $100. Never noticed the ceramic ones.
    They are still being made ...
    https://cosanti.com/
    so that would be your minimum value.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thanks, @say_it_slowly, I know the bronze at least is Soleri, but I believe there are different signatures.... and I don't know if that's why prices are all over the place.....BUT the ceramic ones are also called Paolo Soleri Cosanti or Arcosanti bells and that's totally confusing me......

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted