Bought more coin silver spoons with a mark I can’t track down. Pictorial leaf mark...

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by J Dagger, Aug 11, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Haven’t received the spoons yet so don’t have good photos. I can only assume they are coin silver based on the description and look. Hi Has pseudo hallmarks as well as the pictorial leaf mark. I can’t make out the last pseudo HM. There is a D, then a head, then not sure. I figured the leaf would be easy enough to find but it’s not popping up yet. Anyone know this mark?

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The center image is an eagle not a head. The last image is probably a head.

These "D and eagle" marks are often from New York state, but also often unidentified.

DragonflyWink likes this.
  3. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Ahh it looks like you are right. I was looking at the eagle all wrong, didn’t have enough coffee at that point. Thanks for the NY lead. That’s something to go on at least. I found the leaf mark interesting and figured I would take a shot on them since I got them for a touch under melt. They came four together and it’s nice to have a little set from that period as opposed to mostly loners in my collection.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I poked around looking for the leaf and found nothing.