Boy scout felt patch

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Sdcookie2, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Active Member

Hiya can anyone translate this patch having trouble with the second word. Thank you for any help. Screenshot_20210103-170017~2_copy_532x539.png

KSW likes this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Crescent Bay Camp

KSW, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I wonder whether that is actually 2 words - Bay Camp, with a teepee dividing them.

KSW, komokwa and Debora like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

what does that have to do with scouting?

6. Bakersgma

Nothing actually. The OP made an assumption about scouting that didn't pan out?

KSW likes this.
  7. Hollyblue

Why did it not pan out? Research helps..... http://www.crescentbaycouncil.org/

8. Bakersgma

The only Crescent Bay Camps I found quickly were in Washington state and New York and neither had any association with scouting. And my post was a question, not a fact.

komokwa likes this.
  9. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

It looks like a local Boy Scout camp patch. I have one from my dad from the early 1940's (not from the same camp). Mine doesn't have anything on it that says Boy Scouts, but I know that's what it is (I have photos and letters from the local Boy Scout leadership regarding the camp). However, I'm surprised that a google images search doesn't return anything. Even the rare ones often pull up a match (to either an original patch, or an Asian reproduction being fobbed off as the real thing).

10. Hollyblue

It is here.... https://emeraldbayalumni.org/museum/patchhistory/

smallaxe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted