Featured Bracelet of unknown age or purpose

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by quirkygirl, Apr 17, 2019.

1. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

oh ... and unknown metal too (looks gold plated to me. not tested). I think that the stones are unfoiled glass ... they're NOT diamonds (that, I do know) It is small at under 6" circumference ... may have been shortened at some time because one of the links looks to have been cut, when all the rest are soldered shut.

I've never seen a bracelet where the clasp looks as if it was meant to hold something like this one. It appears to have been well made, with prong set glass "stones" and even teeny tiny soldered beads on the 'male' part of the clasp to help hold it in the hollow ball. Would a child's 'dress-up' bracelet be made so nicely? Kind of why I think it may have been shortened.

In the past, I've seen what were referred to as 'poison' bracelets - usually a cuff-type bracelet with a hollow hinged compartment on the upper side ... but this seems different.

Any thoughts about what this is or how old it may be? Has anyone seen a bracelet configured like this before? I've had it for about 6 months and can't figure out how to describe it to find another similar example ... so I come to you guys and gals for help.

P1150528(1).JPG P1150530(1).JPG P1150531(1).JPG P1150543(1).JPG P1150533(1).JPG P1150534(1).JPG you can see the tiny 'beads' on the end of the part that is inserted into the ball
    P1150541(1).JPG P1150536(1).JPG P1150537(1).JPG Here's the one cut link
    P1150535(1).JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Am I following: the hollow ball is the clasp?

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

My wrists are small...

!! :cat: ;)

4. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I feel like it's a knockoff of an original by Bulgari, something that way.

6. quirkygirl

Yes ... the hollow ball opens to allow the one end to come out of it ... the other end is fixed to bottom half of the sphere.

7. quirkygirl

ha ha ha
    hint hint ;):D

8. quirkygirl

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it held poison that you could slip into your lovers drink , after u found him sleeping with the maid........:eek::eek: :dead: :jawdrop::jawdrop:

10. Xristina

You’re very welcome!
    I have a Pandora bracelet with a similar clasp, that’s how I know.. unfortunately I’m not very good at googling :):shame:

kyratango, antidiem, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  11. Xristina

Sorry for the double posting, my internet is not working properly:shame::shame:

antidiem likes this.
  12. quirkygirl

Haha. He might be suspicious after finding me fishing around in his drink for my bracelet which would have slipped off once the catch was opened ... besides .... what if his "maid time" allowed me to have "gardner time" ;)

kyratango, komokwa, antidiem and 2 others like this.
  13. quirkygirl

Aha ... gotcha. :)

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted