Brass candle sticks

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Christopher Johnson, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Christopher Johnson

Christopher Johnson New Member

4C2B4198-60EF-4289-A623-0420BDF0218B.jpeg 828F217C-FE3E-4387-8A5C-38B9AAFF6E24.jpeg 89B3867C-DD6B-4F3C-B344-D2EAB9641D0B.jpeg 988E7B0E-6840-4CD6-B388-0AEB0A70EDCF.jpeg 1C85AD6A-6B43-43DC-8B7C-0FAC20E02DB2.jpeg Hello,
    I picked these candle sticks up at a second hand shop about 10 years ago because I liked them.
    I got thinking recently and wondered where they came from and how old they were. they have a number on the bottom, but, my searches online turned up fruitless.
    Does anyone know anything about them?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2021
    Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That insurance dremel signature says these have some age. That was done in the 60s and 70s if memory serves. They're not ancient, but beyond that...no idea.

Christopher Johnson and komokwa like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Whoever owned them sure liked polishing !

Boland and Christopher Johnson like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

can you tell us anything else about them....?

help us....to help you !

Christopher Johnson likes this.
  5. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

I believe what you are seeing is the sanding that was done to remove the parting line. These appear to be sand-cast candlesticks. The surprising thing is the threads on the upper candlestick. It is much cheaper to cast the bottom flush & drill & tap the hole & use a screw to secure both pieces.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A few brain cells just fired. I've seen some candlesticks made to screw apart that were for sure made in the 60s. I've never seen any that are for sure 1980s made that way.

7. Christopher Johnson

I wish I could give you more to go on! That’s about all I know. Would another picture of a different part of the candle sticks help in any way?

8. Christopher Johnson

Yeah, I think you are right with the sand casting thing. Inside where the candle sits is quite rough like it was cast in sand.

Attached Files:

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you seem like a jolly guy Chris.......so I'll get right to the point...

yes, lots of good pics...but..

it helps us to know...

where u r
    where you got them
    what size they are

simple stuff that you know , that we do not.....that can help us...to help you !

that said....after a critical look at both ....I do not believe that they are a matched pair...
    certainly not from the same mold...

10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

JMHO. thread looks like a Whitworth normally used for high loads. could be made in a machine shop as travelling set for a priest or other performer of miracles.