Brass windchime help please

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Philip A Good, Aug 15, 2018.

?

What's missing

1. Photo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dialog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Philip A Good

Philip A Good Reanmater

Brass Wind Chime.jpg

Morning Folks, These are the tone bars and resonators from a very large and ornate
    Asian? wind chime. I don't believe it's one of a kind because I once saw some of these parts in a salvage yard. The resonators hang vertically, with the tone bars attached on the bottom, from some kind of a tree or wheel but I only have what you see here. The units are similar to an upside down glockenspiel, so the tone bars have to be insulated accordingly. I am also missing the 7th and largest resonator. No hallmarks or markings of any kind on the parts except for the musical notes on the bottoms of the tone bars. Any information on this or any similar item would be most appreciated. Regards----Phil

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Without dimensions, closeup pictures, etc. I doubt most folks here will be able to help. Need details, details. I’m taking a wild guess that you know more about these things than anyone here, but given enough detail we might try to figure when it was made, or something.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    judy likes this.