Braun Clément & Co. Small Nude Painting? After Angelo Asti

Discussion in 'Art' started by J Dagger, Dec 17, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I picked this piece up a month or two ago at an estate sale. I offered less than 25% of the sticker price near the end of the sale. It looks like it’s actually a hand painted reproduction. It could be a print though I haven’t taken it out of the frame yet. I’m not sure if they sold any hand painted pieces or not? The original is an Angelo Asti work. Most of Braun C & Co.’s output was carbon prints. Can’t find many like this by them. There is one on worthpoint, not sure if that’s painted or a print process. Mine seems to have some texture though not pronounced. Lastly I’m having a lot of trouble coming up with a price for it either way. I like it and will probably keep it but may list at a crazy number and see what happens. Any recommendations as to what a fair price might be would be appreciated. Then I can make it crazy from there on my own. Pretty frame, there’s some black backing paper floating around under the glass. I assume the sale runner took it out and broke that up in the process. 2659695E-1D83-4685-87BB-57DA28621CFC.jpeg D88BB2D9-D2AA-4EB4-AEC5-A8CA4AEE707D.jpeg F4FAD587-53C0-4F61-9453-91BF92C6EEAF.jpeg 48793C99-F994-436E-AA21-69136A20714A.jpeg 9E2B4AD6-674E-46CE-BA11-E0AA82B926E7.jpeg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Which is the filth on - the painting/print or the glass?

J Dagger likes this.
  3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I'd like it better if she had a pretty blouse on ....

J Dagger likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Going as high as 700%, I see pixels, but no dot matrix....so could easily be a painting???? Unless as you say....a different kind of printing process.....

J Dagger and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. J Dagger

You know I was so enchanted by her beauty that I didn’t even notice it. That’s crazy! It’s so there I don’t know how I could miss it lol. I’ll check and see where it lies. I’m guessing the frame, fingers crossed!

6. J Dagger

Gotta disagree with you there :).

7. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I'm sure you do ... Joy.

Draft saved Draft deleted