Featured Bride wears 120 year old heirloom

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by moreotherstuff, Sep 25, 2015.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Gorgeous dress! Thank you for showing us!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Beautiful dress! I wish they had told the story of its restoration.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Yes it is a beautiful dress, but even I, a traditionalist who believes in tradition, knows that there comes a times when some things just don't "work" any longer........pop in a museum already.............the next bride will look like a rag picker............

elarnia and KingofThings like this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

KingofThings likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just wanted to say that a friend of mine found a gorgeous heavy silk satin wedding dress from the 20s on Canal St in Manhattan. She wore it to a Halloween party. To make a long story short. A friend who was second in command to a noted dress designer from NY was getting married and asked for the dress for his bride to wear. We were shocked since he was making 3/4 million a year salary. Why would he want his bride to wear a second hand handmedown $19.99 bridal gown. It seems that the gown was made of a really wonderful material that no longer exists. My friend was puzzled but told him he could have the dress. Long story short, the bride looked stunning in the society page wedding. The grooms men wore custom made suits just for the wedding that cost 7 grand each and there were 6 of them. The bride wore a used $19.99 wedding gown.
    greg

ola402, KingofThings and jackolin like this.
  7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted