British art prints. Anyone recognize signature or work?

Discussion in 'Art' started by J Dagger, Jun 17, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Can’t make out this artists signature at all. The work is fun IMO. Initials in prints are SMS 85’ and 86’ respectively. Based on papers by tub and table scene I’m assuming the artist is British. One is titled ‘In The Tub’ the other ‘Pass The …Pour?’ They are at a thrift store locally. Wondering if I should grab them or not. One priced $15 which is high for a maybe. Other has no price so I can probably get it cheaper. Killing time between jobs and this is prob as good as it’s gonna get in this store lol. 4E32C9EF-AE31-48BC-8523-6B410F586B72.jpeg 97C97D91-A6F1-4985-891B-11FEE4BAEC16.jpeg 8E9B1075-1DF0-47B7-84AF-899D4CD7D7ED.jpeg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's going to be 'Pass the Port."

Debora

Roaring20s and J Dagger like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Where do your see the initials SMS?

Debora

J Dagger likes this.
  4. J Dagger

1EF55222-232E-4802-B11A-CAFD200CD04C.jpeg
    They are in the print. I don’t recall the technical term for that.

5. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

6. J Dagger

anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. J Dagger

Indeed that makes sense! I’d like to think I would have thought of that under more relaxed conditions lol. Busy store hard to let your mind do it’s work sometimes. Then again maybe I wouldn’t have!

8. J Dagger

I ended up getting the old men with their port for $2. I’m not sure it’s the more salable of the two but for $2, and $13 less than the other it seemed worth grabbing. I’d like to think it will turn into $25-$40 at least taken out of frame and sold just as a print. I noticed recently that USPS has decreased the length of packages that fit into the first class parcel category and raised the prices steeply for the longer ones that still fit in that class of mail. Used to be able to ship a print or poster in tube super cheap if it was under 1lb. That price is up it seems and length limited. Unless I was entering something wrong that is.

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

In case anyone is wondering about the other one, the title is "In the Bath" not In the Tub. ;)

J Dagger likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You can find some Completed Listings on eBay which will give you a directional idea as to value.

Debora

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted