Brown Tan Pottery Vase w Lava Volcanic Glaze & Pansy Flowers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Jun 30, 2019.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi All

Am hoping someone can id the maker or country of origin june 30 2019 001.JPG june 30 2019 006.JPG june 30 2019 002.JPG june 30 2019 005.JPG of this pottery vase. It stands 10-1/2" tall. Light tan in the center. Brown & tan pansy like flowers at top and bottom backed by a textured rough lava or volcanic glaze. No mark on bottom.

Any help is much appreciated.
    TIA
    Kathy

Figtree3, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Interesting glaze pattern. I wonder whether they were experimenting with it, due to the roughness of the bottom? I like it!

3. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

I agree. The tan part is incredibly smooth and feels almost like glass to the touch. The interior of the vase is glazed and just as smooth. Have never seen pottery with a glossy glaze that felt like this.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted