Btitish Pottery Manufactures Federation Minutes of Proceedings Vol.1 1918-1920

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nathan Lindop, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Hi everyone, this’ll most likely be a thread only of considerable interest to pottery nuts and fanatics but hell, if I found it interesting I’m sure someone else will.

It’s the only one of these I can actually find, then again I don’t suppose it was produced in any number being a specific admin text.

It is what it states, a record of the proceedings during meetings of the British Pottery Manufacturers Federation or the BPMF. I haven’t looked at the book too much but if there is anything you think might be in there that’ll be interesting by all means ask me. I didn’t like the sound of a 47 hour week for workers which I read haha.

Lots of the meetings were held in Stoke-on-Trent where I live. Amazing the people who attended or at least the represetatives anyway. Wedgewood, Beswick, Royal Doulton, New Hall, Poole, Aynsley, Crown Staffs, Mintons and a multitude of other factories attended.

Found this at a very small local auction for £10 overall. How could I resist it for its rarity and local importance.
    :couchpotato::bookworm::pompous:

D47EF2B1-9357-45CE-AB30-140029982D43.jpeg 11909F07-2D8E-4110-8B70-304197B46D5B.jpeg 426C4AC5-60B4-4443-8631-531620155B4E.jpeg E3BDAA7C-AD76-41C1-99F2-226019752E14.jpeg 2F29E683-663B-4077-8A0C-0DD7B13A8A1C.jpeg

judy likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd have bought that in a heartbeat.

judy likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Now isn't that interesting? One of those old book exceptions where condition doesn't matter.

Debora

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd have pounced on it too; the tatty cover wouldn't put anyone off in this case. There can't be too many copies floating around.

6. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Haha definitely. Contents over condition this time :punch: .

Yeh, I’ll hit them up with an email SIS l, they seem like they’d love to catalogue something like this. Hope they can say a bit on it. Always love to hear about anything I have. Knowledge is power xD

Draft saved Draft deleted