Bunch of marbles - anything special here?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by drg642, Dec 3, 2014.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Hi - I bought a big bag of marbles, and plan to sell in lots. First I would like to rule out anything special that may be of more value. From what I can see, these are fairly common but seem to sell ok in lots. I did see some marbles on ebay in specific color combinations, or with multiple colors that were worth quite a bit more. Does anyone see anything here that may warrant further research? Also, accurate names would be helpful. Right now, I think I've got slag, swirl, corkscrew, and speckled. I saw lots of marbles like these called Akro Agate - are mine Akro Agate?

Thanks for any help! mar1.JPG mar2.JPG mar3.JPG mar4.JPG mar5.JPG

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

3. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks Terry, very helpful. Still can't quite tell if I have akro or peltier, or anything out of the ordinary...

4. Vern

Vern Active Member

I don't know much about them, but played with a ton of them when I was younger and lost a lot of them as I got older. Hahaha

I like the texture of the glass in number 8

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Are your last 4 ceramic or glass?

6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

The last 4 are glass. They do look a little like ceramic in the photo, but they clink and feel like glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted