Cabinet Photograph of Family and Twins

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Murdrum, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Murdrum

Murdrum New Member

Unfortunately this photo has not stood the test of time overly well, mainly due to it living part of its life as a centre piece for a seance effect that my mother used to perform once upon a time, (I do actually have quite a lot of old magicians and Victorian-esque seance pieces that I might post at some point, but I'm not too sure where seeing as I only have a few photographs and the majority are props and effects).

This was presented as a post-mortum photo due to the boating, expression and hands upon the left twin. Though I highly doubt this is the case. Still, I thought it may be an interesting piece to share considering the odd nature and history.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows or has any industrial vintage photographs for sale, or where I can find some? Namely that of factories, dockyards, or power plants.

DSC_2442_20200806192402934.jpg

Joe2007 likes this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

There are thousands of old photos for sale on eBay, in all sorts of price ranges. That's what I would recommend.

You can also make a separate post with just that question and put it in the Wanted forum on this site. It is in the bottom section of the page.

komokwa, yourturntoloveit and Joe2007 like this.
  3. Murdrum

Murdrum New Member

Okay, thank your for your help!

4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I second Figtree3's suggestion of eBay, it is the largest antiques and vintage marketplace out there. Nowhere is going to come close in selection especially looking for fairly specific categories of items.

There are also regional "paper shows" where vendors/dealers set up and sell ephemera and other paper goods. Postcard shows might also be a good place to check out. Antique malls might also have a vendor or two that focus on ephemera.

For bargains you might want to try flea markets, estate sales, or auctions if there are any in your area. With these you might have to sort through a lot of junk to find something you want to purchase.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted