Caged vase - brass cage and cobalt glass- any ideas on maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by NTC Collector, Oct 4, 2020.

1. NTC Collector

NTC Collector Well-Known Member

1E3CEF34-22AC-460D-BBFB-37742C11FB14.jpeg 3CA925E5-C33D-4EE4-B5F5-B7F24CE1B85F.jpeg 20026545-7953-4DD7-8E05-95E969E1689C.jpeg 42778A15-5861-40B1-A17C-96555647CBC1.jpeg Hi all, I’ve had this vase for sometime but can’t work out maker. It’s a brass or bronze cage and cobalt blue glass blown through it. I’m assuming 1930s , maybe English but not sure. Any help appreciated. It’s about 15cm tall and heavy. Thanks.

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like brass, and very art deco.....
    where is it, where did u get it,...........
    It has a nice look....but I'm not thrilled with the quality of the brass finish....like the cut outs and the soldering...

judy likes this.
  3. NTC Collector

Bought online in Australia but don’t think it’s local

judy likes this.
  4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I've heard, (no documentation) that these blown out works, in brass and/or iron, came from Spain, in the last quarter of the last (20th) century.

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's reasonable, I've seen similar in shops there. Might also be Turkish.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. NTC Collector

Interesting, thanks. The Spanish ones seem to be iron frames not brass. Saw a Mexican one in brass but much simpler.

Draft saved Draft deleted