California Pottery ashtray - need help with glaze color/shape name please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jan 18, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Does this coloring of glaze have a particular name? Does this shape of ashtray go by any type of descriptive name? It is 9" by 7 3/4" across.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all opinions or advice!! :kiss::kiss: :happy::happy:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Have a Calif pottery book somewhere. What is the name on the bottom?

bercrystal likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Cal Style

bercrystal likes this.
  4. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

ebay listing shows it as Style 201, like yours. Looks like a shell?
    upload_2021-1-18_17-23-48.png

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Cal-Style was made by the company that started out as Heirlooms of Tomorrow and changed its name to California Originals. The history in Lehner's is too convoluted for me, but they seem to have been in business from 1947 to at least the 1980s, when the book was published, in Manhattan Beach and Torrance.
    Flambe?

dgbjwc, KikoBlueEyes and bercrystal like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Joe in PA - I did see that one listed but the "green drip" just didn't seem right.

@janetpjohn - That would fit into what I thought for this piece which was the '60s to the '70s.

I have always pictured Flambe as mostly red with some dark blue accents. BWDIK.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted