Cambridge glass bird figurine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ritzyvintage, Jan 26, 2021.

1. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

I'm only guessing this is a Cambridge piece, due to the formation of the base coupled with its size? Its been moulded in one piece. I would welcome positive id if known to you please, and also a pattern name or number if it has one? I'd also like to know when it was produced and if more than one size was made. "Sorry" to be a pain, but is it also missing a bowl?

Its quite tall at 12" high and the base diameter is a fraction over 4 1/2"

I dunno if it is rare/scarce or very common, however I cant recall seeing another.

upload_2021-1-26_14-6-58.png

upload_2021-1-26_14-8-8.png

upload_2021-1-26_14-8-42.png

TallCakes and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It's a heron, I can't help if it is Cambridge or a repro. Some repro flower frogs were made by Mirror Image and they had an M mark molded into the glass. I don't know if they ever reproed the heron.

The smooth sides to the bottom are a good sign I think :)

ritzyvintage likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. ritzyvintage

komokwa and TallCakes like this.
  5. ritzyvintage

The article mentions a "Bashful Charlotte" figurine... I have this iridescent glass Bashful Charlotte 3 piece set, but I've been told its by Fenton USA? It seems to have been a popular figurine as Sowerby, England and also S. Mueller & Co, Germany produced their own examples of similar size.

upload_2021-1-26_15-48-20.png
    upload_2021-1-26_15-48-37.png

upload_2021-1-26_15-48-56.png

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted