Can’t Identify Lovely Glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by pixieforpapa, Jan 29, 2021.

1. pixieforpapa

pixieforpapa Member

EF68E24A-A931-4BD9-A20F-352FA238C298.jpeg

F19E37A2-1C98-4AC1-AA8D-CD44DF2BD6EE.jpeg

FAAA6182-2C5C-4DB5-9F5E-32B37F65A8A0.jpeg

9438C399-20EA-4A68-9899-88351AD6AF18.jpeg

340B4BE7-0415-47A9-BE76-CF8D5837E953.jpeg
    I found a set of 2 of these and just couldn’t resist! However, I have been unable to locate anything to compare them to. Ideas? Info? Thank you!

judy likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Can you include photos, please?

judy likes this.
  3. i need help

Vénitien?
    Aventurine flecks

RichardE and ritzyvintage like this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I’ve seen some online said to be by Salviati that look similar but I don’t know if that’s correct. Venetian too as INH said. They are really pretty.

E7450D38-2DA7-47DA-847C-4C7C1469EF84.jpeg

5. i need help

Oh, hold on a second. Can you post photos without the speckled background? May not be aventurine flecks. Maybe countertop flecks. :hilarious:

judy and Houseful like this.
  6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

ECA78C70-E8B8-456A-BD0E-0B56C7FD6635.jpeg
    Here’s some etched ones.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd think Venetian with that aventurine.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  8. pixieforpapa

pixieforpapa Member

Aventurine or gold flecks? I found a lot of info on Murano adding real gold flecks to their stemware.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Same thing, really!

10. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

Definitely "Aventurine" with hollow mouth-blown stems. They are in the style of Antonio Salviati, but can be difficult to date accurately as they are still being produced today, by Arc International, France. It should also be noted that Salviati, also operated in London from circa 1898. One way to determine if they have been mouth-blown is to place the underside foot of each glass against another. There should be slight variations to each, and if not then the foot of each glass as been machine/lathe-turned.

11. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Not to belabor a point, but mouth-blown and lathe turned are not contradictory, could be both. In this type of quality wares, "mouth" is redundant, I don't believe they have machines that will blow this quality of work.

Draft saved Draft deleted