Can any one tell me who this artist maybe?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Richard Arthur, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The article on the back is about Modest Stein, pulp fiction cover artist, I don’t think your painting is by him, he appears to sign his works with his whole name not just surname and I don’t think the quality is to his usual standard. Wait for others to give their thoughts too.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

E7BA3B12-280A-4F59-9C89-138FC2EC1B74.jpeg I agree with Houseful. There are many examples of his signature. In checking quickly I did not find a known work with the title the headman. You can look on askart.com and invaluable.com.

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  3. I am sure it is not Modest Stein. Not his style and Stein doesn't match. I was thinking the mural painter Phillip Stein aka Estano. He didn't change his name until around the mid to late forties when he painted with Siqueiros in Mexico. But I haven't been able to verify his signature. It's not David or George Stein. Not sure if Michael Stein ever painted. And little information on Ralph Stein after his stroke. That's all I got.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Thank you for the info.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

If this is the image you're referring to, it really doesn't even look like "Philip Stein"!

Philip Stein.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted