Featured Can anybody explain more about this item?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Scarlett_SS, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Scarlett_SS

Scarlett_SS New Member

Hello Antiquers community! (Anyone seeing this a second time, this post has been copied from elsewhere as I put it in the wrong place)

I have been browsing as a guest for a while and finally got around to signing up.

I have attached a couple of photos showing. Zsolnay Pecs vase that was gifted to me a couple of years ago as part of a job lot of items from an entire-house sale. The previous owner was an artist, she passed away with no relatives and so left many beautiful and curious items.

The vase is cream, with painted birds, fauna and bees. The artist has outlined all of the predominant features in gold.

I believe I'm correct in thinking that it's Hungarian and was made c.1873-1882 (stamp on base #437) there is also an indented '2' but I don't know what this means (can anyone help). Is there any significance!?
    Really, I'd just love to know what it is that I have here, no level of detail is too small. Even if it is just a pretty vase, I'm happy to hear it.
    The vase is approximately 45cm - 50cm in height (I don't if this helps)
    Thanks in advance for your input! Screenshot_20190403-214101__01.jpg View attachment 171891 Screenshot_20190403-214101__01.jpg Screenshot_20190403-214107__01.jpg Screenshot_20190403-214035__01.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Scarlett!

Welcome to Antiquers............

Lovely vase.

i need help and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Gorgeous vase. Welcome.

Ideally your title would have had more information as some folks just peruse the titles. "Antique ceramic vase" or something. Well, you've got the right category which is good so hopefully folks will check in. Also appreciate the excellent photos. It really is a stunning piece.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  6. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted