Can anybody help identify an Old Wash Jug?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by flatfeet67, Apr 20, 2018.

1. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Hi, I have an old wash jug, i would really like to know if anyone can please tell me any information about it?

Does anyone know dates, maker, country of origin, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Almost impossible without marks, its damaged too so its nothing to write home about I`m afraid.
    I reduced and cropped your pics.

1zev1o0.jpg

2jteaf.jpg

2z8cmea.jpg

jl2aeu.jpg

oje4bl.jpg

5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

It may not be worth anything, but I love it. (In spite of the fact that orange is my most unfavorite color!)

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Great job on the pictures, Davey; I think I'm a genius when I do an image search!

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

But I love the images on it!!!!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Turn of the century German? Looks like.

9. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

10. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Hi, thanks for the reply, personally i love it myself that's why i kept a hold of it for over 20 years, the jug was dug from the ground, 6 feet under amongst broken pieces and its amazing the jug survived in one piece because almost all ceramics are broken.

judy likes this.
  11. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah so do i, there is not many jugs out there with transfer printed sheep on them.

12. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Thanks for the reply. I will look into this, hopefully i can find something similar.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  14. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Almost every vase I have had with that particular shade of green has been marked Austrian and dated around 1890 +/- 20 years. Your is exceptionally good even if damaged.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Cheers
    Stephen

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

...huge bunch of Tiger Lilies. :)

16. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Hi Stephen thanks very much, any information is very much appreciated as i can't find anything remotely similar, now off to look at Austrian jugs now, thanks for some sort of lead. I'll let you know how i get on. :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi again!! Forgot to say WELCOME to the Forums!! Whether you're on a phone or computer, plenty of help for getting images up, just ask! Someone's always willing to help!!! Have fun while you're at it.....!:):):):)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  18. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!!!! ... Joy.

19. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

I have had a good look at Austrian Jugs/Vases and i see where you are coming from with the green colour, it is definitely a similar shade of green, i have found jugs with similar handles, similar shape but nothing yet with the sheep, embossed pattern, green colour, 3 piece handle combination.

LIbraryLady likes this.
  20. flatfeet67

flatfeet67 Member

Thanks for the reply, its one of those Marmite jugs, you either love it or hate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted