can anybody please identify this plate?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lisaS, Sep 24, 2017.

1. lisaS

lisaS Active Member

Hi everyone can anybody tell me anything about this plate? I've never been able to find who BB is but am curious as to who they may be
    WP_20170924_20_34_05_Pro.jpg WP_20170924_20_34_36_Pro.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Some one who did hobby painting. Painted in 1981.
    Very popular at the turn of the 1900s. Has continued to be popular off and on since then.

lisaS, yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

LisaS, I'm just curious but . . . are those "words" along the outer edge of the plate? Can you tell us what the "words" are?

I really like that the floral decoration is in a semi-circle (as opposed to a full circle) in the middle of the plate (platter). I also like the colors chosen for the flowers and the outside rim. ;)

judy and lisaS like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Can't you zoom in? It's just loops.

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Janetpjohn, thank you for the "zoom in" suggestion. I was able to zoom-in and saw the "loops." ;)

judy likes this.
  6. lisaS

lisaS Active Member

9_25_2017 8_51_17 AM.jpg

judy likes this.
  7. lisaS

lisaS Active Member

Yourturntoloveit it has this pattern all around in gold guilding I love the flower pattern too, somebody has made a beautiful plate if its a hobby plate someone was very talented for the design is perfect

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Like all artists, there are skilled and some not so skilled. Yours was painted by someone who had some talent.

lisaS and yourturntoloveit like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted