Can anyone give me information on this ugly jug.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by zaffy, Mar 7, 2019.

1. zaffy

zaffy New Member

Can anyone give me info on this ugly jug?

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

702B17A7-09C1-4F9E-8CB7-90F7CCE20CE9.jpeg C498D235-23F6-4C9C-BA55-5E0C0510267E.jpeg Welcome to the Forum, Zaffy! :)
    Check Full Size next time for photos, please. Someone will be along with info on your pitcher.

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Yipe!

That thing IS ugly! Looks like it started out to be a bird...and then someone asked what he should use for the Gin!

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What makes it ugly is the painted decoration. If it was all one color it would be wonderful.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

komokwa and i need help like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It once was a single colour. That's a hobby painter's mark on the base.

Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  6. zaffy

zaffy New Member

Please will you elaborate regarding the hobby painter's mark. Thanks

7. Ownedbybear

It's that VC and the date mark. Absolutely typical of a hobby painter. The Chelsea England impressed mark is also typical of inexpensive at the time Staffordshire made pottery. Your pot was once either one colour or possibly two, then an enthusiastic amateur had a go at it!

Bakersgma likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's not ugly.......it has feelings too y'know !!
    Now...if it were painted black & silver with a Deco motif .....that would be something !!!!

*crs* likes this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

There are at least three Chelsea England pitchers with this shape on the worthpoint site. Two could be hobbyist and the other is solid gray, so I don't know about that one. Komokwa would like it! I didn't find any information about the company.

komokwa likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

I suspect Chelsea is the shape name, rather than a clue to the company. I'd like it in the blue and cream sans those naff flowers.

11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Yes, good point about the shape name. It's the only thing I found with that mark.

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the color has a kinda southwest vibe to it...

Draft saved Draft deleted