Can anyone help me with this vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rob Johnson, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Rob Johnson

Rob Johnson Member

DSCN3907.JPG DSCN3900.JPG DSCN3902.JPG DSCN3901.JPG I picked up this lidded vase today. It is missing a finial off its lid unfortunately.

What I really want to know is its origin. Some of the decoration looks oriental but the decoration around the neck and the base makes me think it may be Spanish or Portugese. It has a bluey green ground.

Its thick and heavy pottery, not what you would call delicate. It feels like it has some age to it. No marks to the base.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    aaroncab likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Rob! Welcome to Antiquers!!

Please include photo of the bottom too.

3. Rob Johnson

Rob Johnson Member

Done!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think it is a covered urn, not a vase.

I think Chinese and not Japanese. May not be very old. Wait for other opinions.

Welcome to the board.

Figtree3, Rob Johnson and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted