Can Anyone Help To Identified This Old Vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Silver Wolf, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

Hello,i've just got this old vase,at the first i thought it was chinese dynasties' vase but when i look closely i don't think it's chinese vase,the past owner said it was came from 16/17th century,so can anyone help to figure this vase?thank you
    002-1-3.jpg 002-1-3.jpg 004-1-3.jpg 005-1-3.jpg 007-1-3.jpg 010-1-3.jpg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

It looks like a hole was drilled into the bottom of it .. could it have been for a lamp base ?? ... Joy.

judy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  3. Silver Wolf

hmm..it could be,the past owner didnt say anything about use it as a lamp.

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I agree looks like it was a lamp at one time. Doesnt appear to be that old though.

judy and komokwa like this.
  5. Silver Wolf

oh really?any guess about the date then?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i guess...1981

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Silver Wolf

what makes you think 1981,i dont think the base looks like were made in 1900s :blackeye:

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I think maybe a bit older than that because of the wear on it .. but certainly not 16th/17th century .. and I think it was quite possibly made into a lamp base .... Joy.

Silver Wolf, komokwa and i need help like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

and then...unmade...

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted