Can anyone help to identify this signed piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vorko, Apr 20, 2018.

1. vorko

vorko New Member

Screenshot_20180420-174126.jpg Screenshot_20180420-174257.jpg Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been searching for days and cannot find a stitch of info or a similar item or record of this person, even though it's signed and dated. Looks like its signed Norma Lehl 1956 , Here are 2 pictures, thanks again :)

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

China painting was a popular hobby, and this is an example done by Norma Lehl in 1956. You won't find anything else.

3. vorko

vorko New Member

Thank you for the info, i was starting to think along those lines,, i am getting rid of it and some other items and didn't want to give it away if it was something special :)

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, @vorko, to the site!!! Glad another member was able to help!! It's a pretty dish, but I don't know patterns!!!

judy likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It was done in a ceramics class in 1956 by a hobbyist. I find hobbyist pieces all the time.

judy likes this.
  6. vorko

vorko New Member

Nice, thank you! Nice to know it has a genre so to speak, u are all so kind and helpful , I'm glad ijoined

judy, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted