Featured Can anyone ID these two rather lovely plates?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Charlie8484, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Charlie8484

Charlie8484 New Member

Hi All

Doing a loft clear out as my parents are moving house after 30 years... Found 2 plates that appear to be vintage/antique but I have no idea of their age/provenance.

Here are photos and markings.
    Plate 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plate 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can anyone help? Would love to know who make these/where they are from and when they were made.

Thanks in advance

Charlie

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The handles indicate the second one is a sandwich tray.

The first one is in the Imari palate. Probably English mid 1800s.

The second is a multi-chrome Blue Willow pattern mid to late 1800s. Also English

@janetpjohn @say_it_slowly

Charlie8484 and i need help like this.
  3. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I always think of "Gaudy" and "Gaudy Welsh" for the coloring in the first one.

i need help likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

colours, yes, patterns no. :p

Gaudy Welsh (and Dutch) use the Imari palette. Think of that instead.:smuggrin:

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

SIS — you a the china sleuth! I thought I recognized the stamp but couldn’t come up with Ashworth.

7. Charlie8484

Charlie8484 New Member

Great! Cheers all for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted