Featured Can anyone ID this Antique Lace Collar?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by vintagerobin, Sep 29, 2018.

1. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

It's currently framed because I just bought it today. I think it's bobbin lace but the different types of lace are hard for me to ID.

Also, once I take it out of the frame, should I wash it or sell as is?

Thanks!

DSC04441.JPG DSC04442.JPG

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I think this is a Battenberg Tape Lace, but I still haven't pulled my lace books out of a box, so wait for others...

Athena, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with Jivvy, and if it was mine I'd sell it as is in the frame .. then the new owner can decide for themself. These old laces can sometimes become a little brittle with age and I wouldn't risk it. It is lovely !!! ... Joy.

judy, Any Jewelry, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Oh, that's very pretty.

Lucille.b, judy, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  5. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Leave it in the frame and let the buyer to decide what to do.
    Patd

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Agree to leave it in the frame, makes for a very pretty presentation!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted