Can anyone ID this antique painted glass lamp?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Michele, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Michele

Michele Member

Please excuse the stuff in the background, but does anyone have any ideas on who may have manufactured this antique lamp? It's my Dad's and he sent me this pictures. His eyesight is pretty poor, but he said the markings look like an L and J maybe? I haven't seen it in person yet to confirm. Any help is appreciated... thanks!

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Michele

Michele Member

Bottom of lamp base.

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This is it flipped. I see a I. L am

04B22B41-15CF-4967-AEB6-D0749375E941.jpeg.jpg

Michele and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That's very pretty.
    The glass may have been made by one company and the base by a metal foundry.

1920s.
    Could be French or Czech.

@Brazos
    Can't think of the other lamp person.

@verybrad

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not a lot of information out there on lamps like this. Best known company that did them was Pairpoint but think it should be marked as such. The base mark shown does not mean anything to me. It could be just a foundry mark.

I actually have a pretty similar shade that is also unmarked. I purchased it along with a well marked Pairpoint puffy shade. They came in to the local thrift as NOS from a long time lighting company here. As much as I would like to attribute it to Pairpoint as well, I am hesitant to do so.

Michele and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just an inverted take on it!!

signal-2020-01-09-095227~2~01-22.jpg

Michele and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Michele

Michele Member

I got a chance to look at it in person and can't find markings on the shade or the cast. I think foundry marks was the correct answer to what my Dad thought was letters. Thank you all for your help!

9. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Assuming it has it's original socket, you can determine a lot about the age, country of origin. A photo of the socket could assist us.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted