Can anyone identify maker of these candle holders?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ann Niessen, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Ann Niessen

Ann Niessen New Member

Represented as Royal Haeger when purchased, I cannot find them in Dilley's, either Paradis volume or Garmon & Frizzell. Each piece is 7-1/2" wide x 3" high x 3" deep and weighs 10 oz. They're a gloss ivory glaze on this inside with a "sandy-textured" matte exterior finish Unlike any matte texture I'm familiar with). The spattered gilding is rather thick and rose gold in color.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The gold trim is usually referred to as Weeping Gold is was a big hit in the early 1960s.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Please go back to edit and use the full image option for all your photos always. :)

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

These don't look like any Royal Haeger product I'm familiar with. As Greg noted, this type of decoration is very typical of the 1960's. The Royal Haeger designation was dropped from most items after 1944. I can't say for sure they are not Royal Haeger but you might want to question the seller on how they made that attribution.
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

There was a pair on Etsy ID'd as Royal Haeger, but no reason why.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted