Can anyone identify this glass pattern/maker? French I presume.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Aug 22, 2020.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I don’t own these yet but I am interested to know based on these less than great photos if 56E067E4-88E8-48AD-BA09-0BB1A0507C5A.jpeg 986AA5EF-B9C6-46C1-A06A-C3B8F9947117.jpeg FEB2190C-84AF-48A8-B04A-E242F0562DF1.jpeg anyone can identify the glass pattern and/or the maker. Very likely French in origin and of good quality. Thanks!

2. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

I like it, but do not recognize the pattern. Is that a wood bar carriage interesting? Is that a label on the decanter or a reflection off the glass behind it? A picture of the wood bar might help with the ID or country of origin.

J Dagger likes this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The stoppers all sit at different heights in the necks, so some replacements there.

J Dagger likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect that the stoppers are right, but paired with the wrong base.

J Dagger and Bronwen like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Why do you suspect French?
    The bottles have a zipper and panel cut.
    The design on the bottles and glasses, looks to be needle etched. That's what Fostoria called it - @Cherryhill may have another name for it. (I'm not saying Fostoria made these)

J Dagger likes this.
  6. J Dagger

I’m not sure where you’re referencing a label or reflection? I don’t see it. I don’t really have any doubts as to the country of origin or the bar cabinet. Not sure it would help in ID’ing the glass. Just was hoping on an off chance someone might recognize the glass. There’s a pretty clear provenance on it. I don’t own it yet, so I don’t want to post too much.

7. J Dagger

There’s a very solid provenance on the whole package.

8. J Dagger

Good eyes guys!

Bronwen likes this.
  9. J Dagger

Good eyes guys!

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted