Can anyone identify this Heisey(?) pattern? Candlesticks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by justjeff, Mar 28, 2018.

1. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

So I eventually acquired the pair of these though the photo only shows one and believe them to be Heisey based on the shape and size of the candlesticks. The mold appears to match the "Pluto" candlestick shape but the etching I'm not familiar with. Anyone have a clue? Thanks for any help! IMG_2691_rsz.jpg IMG_2698_rsz.jpg

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

Thank you for the fast reply! So "Pluto" is the name of the mold and #114 is the etch number? My etch is different than the one linked above but just understanding that bit will be very helpful in ID'ing this.

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi, the design on you stick is cut, not etched. It is frosted because it was left unpolished :)

justjeff likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

#114 is the design number for Pluto. the closest floral cutting I saw was 604 sprig but not sure that is a match.

justjeff likes this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

#604 cutting predates the Pluto (#114) candlestick by a couple of decades at least. I don't believe that the cutting has been identified. It could well be a Heisey cutting not yet identified.

TallCakes likes this.
  7. justjeff

justjeff Active Member

You're right. Gray cut, not etched.

Thank you for clearing that up.

That's very interesting but I'm guessing not all that unusual to find an unidentified, cut/pattern?

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I can rarely figure what cut pattern I have on a Heisey piece. So many seem to be either undocumented or were purchased as blanks by decorating firms. Fortunately, it's all pretty so I'm willing to live with the uncertainty!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted