Can anyone identify this Myott pattern name/number/date ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tom Mackay, May 5, 2019.

1. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

I could not find any other marks apart from what I've photographed on any of the pieces - no name, no numbers. Is that odd? 20190505_191233.jpg 20190505_191221.jpg 20190505_191153.jpg 20190505_191137.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Tom Mackay

Thank you for helping - that Replacements item is a match ! I don't know either if that number is theirs or Myott's. That crown looks slightly different to my eyes. I read somewhere that a backstamp that includes only "England" indicates the Art Nouveau period and if it says "Made In England" it indicates the Art Deco period. Found it: http://www.theoldstuff.com/en/porcelain-marks/category/73-myott-marks
    Apparently a fire in 1949 destroyed a great amount of their records - how unfortunate. I'd love to know if they named this and/or have more certainty to the pattern number but that all may be un-knowable now.
    I had to look up what "Godden's" was - I see that reference work can be had for a reasonable sum used, through Amazon sellers. I should get one, as that broad time period produced many of what I think are delightful china designs.

Figtree3, judy and i need help like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

It's a reference book of English marks.
    Check abebooks.com prices might be better.

i need help, judy and Tom Mackay like this.
  5. Tom Mackay

abebooks - thank you.

i need help and judy like this.
  6. Tom Mackay

Update - I found a plate with a number and 2145 is indeed a Myott number and not solely a Replacements identifier.

say_it_slowly likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Tom Mackay likes this.
  8. Tom Mackay

say_it_slowly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted