Can anyone identify this please?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by GeeBee, Sep 7, 2019.

1. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Seen hanging from rafter, this item is about the length of a typical garden rake. Ive never seen such an item and the owner who bought it because he liked the fact that nobody knows what is purpose was allowed me to photograph it. So far nobody has any ideas...I think it could perhaps have been used to turn soil over a freshly seeded garden patch.
    Any ideas please?

Attached Files:

ulilwitch and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Looks to me to be a seed planter .. turn it up the other way, press into the earth, and pull along making the rows to plant the seeds. Of course I could be wrong but that's how I see it. If wrong I will write a short poem about being WRONG !!!! :joyful: .... Joy.

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

(Need a wider ding table...)

ulilwitch likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

some sort of earth tiller....

ulilwitch likes this.
  5. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe a large zen garden rake...

6. Phil F.

Phil F. Active Member

I was thinking a soil de-crumbler. Once you've used a plow, the pieces might be too large for fine seeding... Or just to break up the crusted surface of established plants. Today we have various types of spoke wheel tools.

ulilwitch likes this.
  7. Steersman

Steersman Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I'm seeing a mop, less the yarn parts.

ulilwitch likes this.
  8. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Ok, one more guess. How about that is has nothing at all to do with gardening. Maybe it's a rug beater. What do you think?

9. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

I dont think it is wide enough for a rug beater and the handle would be too long. Im thinking agricultural or potentially a dry mop frame.

Draft saved Draft deleted