Can Anyone make out Name on Statue of Buddha(?) w/10 Commandments?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 22, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local estate sale. Can anyone make out the artist's name (or know who it is by the work?)? I think the date is 1959 or 1989.
    What is it suppose to be? - Maybe it was the green color or how he's kinda sitting, but I first thought it was a Buddha until I got closer - and I still don't think it's suppose to be Moses, is it?!
    Thanks for any help!

ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 1AA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 1AAA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 2AA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 4AA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 3AA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 2BAA R.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 6AAAR.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 6AAR.JPG ART STATUE 10 COMMANDMENTS 6CAARRR.JPG

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Giuseppe Macri, 1969, Moses.

kyratango, Any Jewelry, judy and 5 others like this.
  3. journeymagazine

Wow - thank you!
    I looked him up & saw 1 described as resin and 1 described as 'cold cast bronze' - how do I tell which this is?
    Thanks again - unbelievable with just a partial signature!

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Bronze would feel cool/cold on your skin compared to resin which would feel room temperature. Also there's the usual close examination for bubble pops/globs that would be there if it were resin.

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

"Cold cast bronze" is an umbrella phrase that covers a handful of processes that combine bronze with resin. I believe the most common process is mixing bronze powder with resin.

So, it's not as if you're looking for "resin or bronze" but rather "resin or resin mixed with bronze powder."

kyratango, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  6. journeymagazine

But "bronze" sounds/looks nicer in the eBay title!

kyratango and judy like this.
  7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Next time, you should buy some bronze. :joyful:

Of course, if it's "cold cast bronze," you can call it "cold cast bronze."

aaroncab and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted