Can anyone tell me about these BET television The Bobby Brown Story towels - promotional?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Dec 8, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

First, I know these aren't your usual antiques and I apologize! I couldn't think of anywhere that would know about them, but you guys always seem to find the answer to any mystery so I thought, 'Why not?' !
    I've googled them and searched BET (Black Entertainment Television)'s website shop, but haven't found anything.
    Could these be swag for the show's actors & crew? (swag like the bag of gifts and promo stuff I read that they give to people at the emmys)?
    Any help or thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated; I'm hoping with old New Edition fans + Whitney Houston was his wife, these are something useless but unique that someone would want (like the pet rock?!) - also they are large; over 5ft tall!
    Thank you - and I apologize again for bringing these up, but I've never seen anything like them & if nothing else hopefully everyone gets a kick out of them!

COLLECTIBLE BOBBY BROWN TOWEL BET NETWORK 1AA.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I think these were promos sent to record and video stores to advertise the special feature. I sold a similarly sized promo as a "door display" many years ago and got a nice price for it.

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I like the name!

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted