Featured Can anyone tell me about this?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by anniemayh, Nov 18, 2017.

1. anniemayh

anniemayh New Member

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

It's a censer - a pot for burning incense - I think Japanese but not sure - others should be along that are more knowledgeable.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Chinese handled censor , with a foo dog finial.
    it's a little over the top...but it's nice !

judy, KingofThings and anniemayh like this.
  4. komokwa

it does have a japanese vibe to the design....doesn't it?

judy and KingofThings like this.
  5. aaroncab

Yep - I believe the mark is a Satsuma mark - but still trying to find a match on Gotheborg.

6. anniemayh

anniemayh New Member

Thank you!!

7. anniemayh

anniemayh New Member

Thank you very much!!

8. komokwa

good luck..

9. aaroncab

Ha - yeah - went through the whole Satsuma page - it's definitely a Satsuma mark - and style - but as far as I can tell there's no exact match on gotheborg. If I had to guess I'd say this is probably early to mid 20th century.

10. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Isn't he cute! He looks like a Foo puppy. He's showing off all his sharp little teeth, but doesn't know quite what to do with them yet. But he's trying!

11. anniemayh

anniemayh New Member

Thanks again!

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted