Can anyone tell me anything about these two windmill plates?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leslie J Rater, Apr 4, 2019.

1. These two plates are signed by John Bailey. Thank you for any information! I can't find anything online about them. I haven't seen them anywhere. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It would be helpful if you posted a close-up photograph of the mark.

Debora

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

And could you click on 'full image' when posting a photo, please? That way everyone can see them.
    You can still go back to 'edit' and click on the 'full image' button next to the thumbnails you posted.

Christmasjoy, i need help and judy like this.
  4. Here is a close-up of the signature on the front and stamp on the back. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7015F635-C8E2-4072-AF36-7C6D3E18FB28.jpeg C32C525C-2083-4A7D-80F7-030AC2F324D3.jpeg FB19E5F1-EADD-465A-9D13-F09FC8C1E57D.jpeg Check this box, next time, please. :)

Leslie J Rater likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I think the maker of the plates is Sampson Bridgewood & Son (LTD)but I don't know if the painter was at the factory, at a decorating factory or a hobbiest.

Here are marks from Godden's book of marks and while one mark is similar it isn't exact so not sure if it helps with a date or not.
    img20190404_170214.jpg

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hobby painter.

i need help and Leslie J Rater like this.
  8. Thank you all so much. I apologize for the way I posted the picture. I'll be sure to do it correctly next time!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

No Worries! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted