Can anyone tell me how much this sold for not on invaluable?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gatoblanconz, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Gatoblanconz

Gatoblanconz Well-Known Member

I paid 130AUD including buyers premium.
    Interested to know the value. I can see it come up on a few sold places but I can't see the prices.
    Royal Doulton 'female study' 1924-1936

Screenshot_2023-03-15-21-33-10-211_com.invaluable.invaluable.jpg Screenshot_2023-03-15-21-33-05-233_com.invaluable.invaluable.jpg

Rec and Roaring20s like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Gatoblanconz

Rec, johnnycb09 and say_it_slowly like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I hate when that happens, all too often for me too unfortunately.

Gatoblanconz, Rec and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

You may already know this, but if it's any consolation that's not uncommon in figurals like this one - when it was fired the arm and body likely heated/cooled at different rates to cause this stress or firing line.

Gatoblanconz, Rec, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  6. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

looks there is also a line on her wrist

Gatoblanconz likes this.
  7. Gatoblanconz

Well the piece was in Sydney and I live in Sydney so I should have just gone and had a look.
    Or alternatively can ask them if there's any cracks or chips

8. Gatoblanconz

Damn yeah I see that one too.
    This is the first time I've bought anything porcelain online so this is a good lesson.
    Next time I will ask.
    Even considering the cracks I don't think I overpaid hugely as the others sold for more.

9. Gatoblanconz

No I didn't know that. I haven't bought any porcelain before.

10. Gatoblanconz

I
    I picked it up. Its only 12cm high so those lines are not really visible at all. Need a magnifying glass. So thats good.

Draft saved Draft deleted