Can anyone tell me how old this buffet is

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Justin Smythe, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Justin Smythe

Justin Smythe New Member

Screenshot_20201228-200633_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20201228-200636_Facebook.jpg Just bought this sideboard buffet someone refinished. Just trying to see if it is old and if so how old.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I’ve moved your thread to the Furniture Forum.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Justin Smythe likes this.
  3. i need help

Feel free to give an Introduction, as well if you like. Furniture folks will be along.

4. Justin Smythe

Justin Smythe New Member

Hello, name is Justin. 26 yrs old. Live in an original farm house in the village I live in. From 1920.

johnnycb09 and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

The Introduction Forum is where I moved your thread from, but here is fine. Welcome!

6. Justin Smythe

Justin Smythe New Member

Been searching online for anything that resembles this sideboard but just cant find anything. The lady I bought it from re finished it. I cant find any markings on it except for a stamp on the back. Wont let me upload picture

7. i need help

Maybe photo is too large. Must be 1 mb or less. You can resize by emailing to yourself as Medium.

8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Many new members have trouble uploading photos because they exceed the photo limit of 1MB. Here are some instructions on what to do. They relate to how to upload from a phone:

Here are two threads about how to resize pictures based on your phone type, if you need more help. When you post your pictures, please make sure you click on Insert as "Full Image" at the top of your pictures.
    Resizing Photos On I-Phone | Antiques Board (antiquers.com)
    Using an Android Phone For Pics on Antiquers | Antiques Board
    If you are using a computer: Then depending on what type of computer you have you can resize them. If you have windows 10, download them and then go to the bottom where the folder is; find the photo in downloads. Click on it and then right click it. You should see a resize option.
    On my iMac, I drag pics to desktop, double click on them, click on Tools and then Adjust Size by as much as half.(Thank you @CheersDears for this information.)
    Good luck. we're help to help you

i need help likes this.
  9. Justin Smythe

Justin Smythe New Member

Screenshot_20210101-164017_Photos.jpg This is the stamp on the back

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2021
  10. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers!
    I don't wish to disappoint you but it's not an antique piece. It looks pretty recent, 70s I'd say or even 80s. Nevertheless it's nice and functional.

11. Justin Smythe

Justin Smythe New Member

I didn't think it was an antique, just wanted to check.

Draft saved Draft deleted