Featured Can anyone tell me what I have here?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by MelissaBPhotography, May 21, 2018.

1. MelissaBPhotography

MelissaBPhotography New Member

HI,
    Thanks for reading. I picked up this great little platform rocker and am wondering if anyone on here can give me a date rage for it and perhaps an idea of the type/era of it? I'm smitten with it and realize that it's not worth a ton of money, but It's pretty cool piece in my eyes. b7310d4b637740c5885250fe852199bc.jpg f854f9be0dd340329988d09019db6657.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think toward the end of the renaissance revival period so about 1880. Appears to be walnut. I am a bit puzzled by the back and wonder if this has been truncated when reupholstered.

3. MelissaBPhotography

Do you think the top roll part was added? I can't seem to find anything similar to it on the internet.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Melissa.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

That is the part that is puzzling. Would expect a bit taller back with a wood carved crest.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. MelissaBPhotography

Researching it more, I think you're right. I see more of them with a center pad on the back and more carved wood on the top. Perhaps it was damaged over the years and this is what someone came up with to overcome it. I think they did a great job finding a creative solution.

Christmasjoy and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

comphy , comphy.......nice !!!

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I bet its a dream to sit in,and welcome!

9. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, Melissa!
    Pull up a chair and join us, Ohhhh you already did! :hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted